Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mind your manners

At this very minute, I have about 400 other things I should be doing, but instead I’ve decided to take a moment to discuss etiquette.  I certainly didn’t attend the Emily Post Institute and nobody would ever mistake me for Miss Manners, however some things I believe to be simply common sense.

You cannot ask someone to be your maid of honor and then demote them to regular old bridesmaid right before the wedding. That HAS to be against wedding etiquette. Sadly that has happened to me once.

When emailing back and forth with someone, you should actively ask questions and allow the other person something to respond to.  If you answer all of my questions and don’t ask me any in return, I assume the conversation is over because what the hell am I supposed to respond to? Bad email etiquette.

Apparently you cannot consume the chocolate party favors at a 1 year old’s birthday while still at the party.  My friend Meredith was not aware that, according to our friend Jay, this breaks party etiquette.  This one I have to take issue with however, because I fully would’ve eaten the favor too. In fact, I would’ve eaten everyone’s and put the rest in my bag for later...

No comments: