Thursday, August 14, 2008

More Olympics Quickies

Michael Phelps is a god. I can’t even dive without holding my nose, but I am loving this swimming. I am so in awe of these new high tech suity outfits they are wearing. My dad and I were talking about it the other night. Each suit costs about $500 and apparently they only last a couple days because they are so difficult to get in and out of. After informing me that it takes about a half hour to carefully get into that contraption without ripping it, he goes on to ask very philosophically… What happens if they have to pee? Do they pee in the Olympic pool? They so do. Doesn’t everyone pee in the pool?

Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor are the coolest chicks on the beach. However, they should probably never leave the beach again. The footage that was shown last night of them on their day off touring China ruined my perception of them as cool forever. Walsh was wearing shorts and white socks LITERALLY pulled up to her calves. Are you my Grandfather or the most amazing beach volleyball player ever? Meanwhile Misty was doing some sort of chicken dance down the steps of a Chinese temple. This is not my Bat Mitzvah, it’s the Olympics. I’m not sure if they can ever be cool again after that.

No comments: