Friday, July 18, 2008

The trial of the century

I’m thinking of running my own clinical trial. My highly scientific hypothesis?... That nobody likes the powdered or cinnamon donut munchkins and therefore they are always the ones leftover, hours later, at the bottom of the box turning into rocks. I have always had an inkling that this was the case, evidenced by my preliminary market research (n=1) on the subject which was posted back in 2004:

Jess: I really like munchkins
Nicole: me too
Nicole: I really really like them
Nicole: the glazed, those are my favorite
Jess: oooh chocolate glazed are good too
Nicole: the powdered ones make me sneeze
Nicole: and breathe funny
Jess: powdered ones are subpar
Jess: those are the ones you eat if none of the good ones are left
Nicole: agreed
Nicole: wholeheartedly agree

Per this discussion, I believe there is just cause to conduct this groundbreaking clinical trial, with the goal being to get published in the very prestigious Pastry Art and Design Magazine (don’t bother googling it, I promise you it really does exist). The proposed Phase I trial will consist of one box of 50 randomized munchkins to be placed in a controlled area near my desk. Based on the overwhelmingly true assumption (which we will consequently secondarily prove) that people will never turn down free food, our study subjects will not need to be solicited to participate in the trial. To the best of our ability, this trial will be double-blinded (I will close my eyes) and munchkin preference will be evaluated at 1 hour intervals. Now all I need is a grant to run the trial, or a sponsor, or a generous donor...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE the cinnamon ones!!