Thursday, January 20, 2005

American Idiots: It's not easy being a rat


Now... I know I promised I wasn't going to watch it... but for these 5 minutes alone, it was well worth it. Hands down one of the funniest un-scripted moments...

A 16-year-old named Jessica's horrifically squeaky and off key rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

Simon: "that was, honestly, excruciatingly awful,"
Paula: "Have you heard of voiceover work?"
Randy: "Cartoons, animation. Doing voices. 'Rugrats', or dogs, or whatever."
Simon: "So Jessica, is going to walk out of here and the advice you've given to her is that you can do a voiceover for a rat. Charming. Charming. I mean, great advice."
Paula: "Do you know how hard it is to get an agent and get commercials for that? It's great.... Do you know how hard it is to get a rat job?"
Simon: "You actually carried that on!"
Paula: "Do you know how hard it is to be a rat? Oh, God."

I'm sorry, but I'm still laughing.


Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Jessy said...

HAAAAAAA! I secretly dream of being that idiot who sings commercial jingles... "come see the softer side of Sears..."