Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Work Moon-o-meter: Scale Defined


Sari: how about this:
Sari: my boss looks up at me and holds out a box of girl scout cookies and asks me "would you hand these out there"...
Sari: I said "I'm sorry- u want me to hand out cookies?"
Sari: he said yes
Sari: I said, uh - I am actually doing work- I can't hand out cookies for you right now
Jess: WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jess: noooooooo
Jess: he wanted you to serve cookies to people like a cocktail fucking waitress??
Sari: yes
Mara: ask him if he wants you to put on the little green dress
Mara: "you guysssss want some cookies"
Jess: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jess: it's cookie time, it's cookie time, it's COOOKIE TIME!


I think we need to define the scale so we're all on the same page.
Moon-o-meter alert scale (as developed by me and Sari):
1 - Why me?
2 - Just roll your eyes
3 - Nobody else thinks this sucks besides me
4 - E-mail a few co-workers to bitch
5 - E-mail all your friends at other companies to bitch
6 - Still talking about it a few hours later
7 - Call your mom and cry
8 - SHUT THE HELL UP! That did NOT just happen!
9 - Time to quit/moon!
10 - Burn the office down

It gets a 5 for being hilarious. Not terribly annoying because she didn't actually do it, but just for the potential mortification factor, I give it a 5.
Posted by Hello

No comments: