Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Another installment of the Work Moon-o-meter


I just received an email from HR claiming they were "excited" to be able to offer the week between Christmas and New Years as an "optional" work week. At first you're thinking that's great! Of course if I had the option I wouldn't work! BUT... read on and it says I can use my vacation days, or choose to work and not get paid.

Co-worker: Here we go with their offer to let us not work and not get paid. I believe that's what's known as QUITTING.
Jess: I was JUST writing you! You beat me to it! This email is such a load of BS! "optional time"... I love how their "excited" and they make it seem like it's some kind of big perk when really it is absolutely NOTHING
Co-worker: HA. I knew we'd be on the same wavelength. Your assessment is absolutely correct. Might as well have been a blank e-mail. I deleted it.

What a complete farce! They should be embarrassed that they even sent that email let alone came up with that ludicrous idea... this EASILY rates at least a 9...

Posted by Hello

No comments: